Sep 17, 2012

Party Favor for Yourself



I know this idea isn't all that creative, and I'm sure you've thought about doing this before, but I'm writing this to inform you that you HAVE to pass around a disposable camera at your next party.




I threw my lady love Olivia a birthday party last month and as an afterthought I threw a disposable camera into the photo prop bucket and passed it around during the party.  The photos turned out so much better than I could have imagined!  They are a little grainy and dark, but I love the feel.  I know you are probably like me, and you've perused the cameras on the lomography website. Disposable cameras have the same sort of nostalgic feel as a lot of the trendy film cameras but disposable cameras are cheap!  Sure, they aren't as cute... and they are disposable, but you gotta give a little to get a little, and I've taken some pretty awesome pictures with cheapie disposable cameras from the grocery store over the years (disposable camera makeover in the future?? I'm thinking this is a good idea!).




The best part of all this disposable camera business was taking the film in to be developed.  I had no clue what I would find when I picked up the pictures, and with all this suspense I was super excited to flip through the pictures for the first time. I'm telling you, it may seem like a simple idea, and not worth the extra cash, but you will really be glad you did it the oldie fashioned way, you know, like how we did it back in high school!!







No comments:

Post a Comment