May 7, 2011

Happy Mothers Day!


Nothing is more satisfying than making a big meal and eating it with family! I threw a mothers day lunch today for my mom and my mawmaw. It turned out wonderful, and I think every one had a good time. Parker helped with the cooking, and my sister brought some tasty iced tea. I decided to challenge myself this year with the menu. I usually make a main course, a side dish, and a desert, but this year I went all out! I started my prep last night and was able to make a complete spread! I only had a minor mishap when I cut my finger when I was slicing apples. It didn't hold me up too long! Here was the menu!


Appetizer: Garlic stuffed olives, hummus, and small slices of toasted homemade bread

Soup: Herbed Broccoli and Potato, with more homemade bread

Main dish: Tomato Caper Couscous, and Rustic White Beans with Mushrooms

Dessert: Apple Crumble

(Hummus, soup, and main dish recipes from Veganomicon by Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero. Dessert from Get It Ripe by Jae Steele)

Now back to cleaning up the mess!

No comments:

Post a Comment