Jun 8, 2011

Pretty & Tasty

Nothing beats summer food! Fresh, yummy tomatoes, squash, black eye peas, and BASIL! Instead of growing basil in pots this year (my usual method), I dedicated a portion of the garden to a variety of basil plants! I think of it as my pesto crop! Nothing beats pesto! I sacrificed two of my plants to make about a cup of pesto yesterday! I followed the recipe form Veganomicon by Isa Chandara Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero substituting almonds for walnuts. Pesto is so good on just about everything. I usually spread a little on toast, but its also delicious added to mashed potatoes, pizza, or hummus!




My basil plants were flowering when I picked them yesterday. They have the tiniest lilly like flowers! I made little herbal smelling bouquets to place around the house.




No comments:

Post a Comment