Sep 25, 2011

Whirlwind

Life has been hectic lately to say the least.  Within the last two weeks I got married, turned 25, and have tried to help Parker make a career decision that will lead to us to one of two polar opposite places.  I feel like a portion of my sanity and my interest in blogging has taken a back burner.  I've been able to keep up with my domestic pitter patter, but sadly I haven't documented much.




The wedding and upcoming casual celebration party have been fueling my craftiness with tons of fun diy projects!  Parker and I were married on the 15th in Terlingua Texas.  Terlingua is an old cinnabar mining town in the desert of West Texas, just north of Big Bend national park.  The mining in Terlingua stopped in the 50s, and all that is left is a collection of crumbling buildings.  We had our wedding in the ghost town's church.  It was really special.  We decided on a small low maintenance wedding so, I had minimal projects going on for the occasion.  My parents, Parker's parents, my sister and her boyfriend were our only guests.  We didn't want to mess with the church too much since it is already so amazing.  We hung some hand made fabric pennant banners and the woman that managed our hotel put some zinnias from her garden on the alter.  Afterwards we met up at our hotel, the candelilla house, for a cookout.  Parker made burgers, and we both made potato salad using a camping stove the night before (It took forever to boil a big pot of water for those potatoes!).  I also made some cookies at home and took them with me for the occasion.  Everything went perfectly!  The ceremony was brief and sweet.  The party afterwards was fun.


Terlingua Sunset

Its not over yet!  I have a large party here in Austin to look forward to.  Instead of leaving out our extended family, friends, and Parker's sisters that were so upset they couldn't make it, we are having a big party on the 8th to celebrate.  This is the occasion that I have chosen to let my crafty flag fly!  I'm obsessing (in a very excited way) with every little detail!  I can't wait to share all of the projects with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment