Apr 28, 2012

At the Carnival

Last week Parker and took a late night bike ride to the carnival in downtown Temple.  Living in the central grid here doesn't offer too many perks.  The downtown isn't all that developed, and the places I regularly go (like the grocery store) are on the outskirts of  the central area.  But, the shops I work at, and the carnival are in comfortable biking distance of my house.  Even though there aren't a lot of places to go near my house, Temple has been great for biking.  There aren't many bike lanes, but there aren't big hills either!  The hills around UT campus used to kick my tush every day.  I had weird routes to just about everywhere I went, so I could avoid the monster hills.  In Temple I plan my routes based on traffic, and even that is pretty innocuous. 




The carnival wasn't very hoppin' Friday night.  There were a few bands playing, and the murmur of gears and late night ride goers.  I was proofing a loaf of bread, so we couldn't stay long , but we planned to go back the following night to try the fried oreos a lighted sign tempted us with.




Saturday night at the carnival was crazy!  There were so many people!  The lines were long, and the crowds in front of the stages were cram packed in their  lawn chairs drinking Miller Light.  We waited in line for the fried oreos a while but gave up.  We had Italian ice instead and enjoyed walking around people watching in our new hometown.      


1 comment:

  1. OMG, Amy! I'm squealing with excitment that you've been blogging again! I'm sorry I didn't notice sooner but I'll subscribed by email so it'll never happen again. Wow, I love the way you tell a story and the fresh wholesome vibe I get when I'm perusing your posts. You are so delightful Amy...makes me want to pick you up and spin you around! :) Everything looks so delicious and feels so inviting!I'm so thankful your my friend. Please let me know if I can do anything to help you.

    Big, BIG HUG!

    ReplyDelete