Apr 4, 2012

Baking a New Beginning

Amy's Vegan Confections is back.  Through the encouragement of my new friend Roxanne, I'm giving Vegan Baking a shot in Temple.  I work a few days each week at a furniture consignment shop, and Roxanne suggested that I bring samples to work as a way to introduce Temple to my baking.  I brought a dozen mini chocolate mint cupcakes last week, and recieved rave reviews.

Chocolate Mint


 It seems like more and more people are receptive to veganism due to information presented on popular health focused tv shows.  It used to be that people were automaticly turned off by the word vegan, assuming it would be flavorless, cardboard like, or have some weird health-foodie aftertaste.  I'm loving the acceptance I've found with vegan baking here in Temple.




After trying the chocolate mint cupcakes, the owners of the shop ordered a batch of mini cupcakes for the shop as an easter treat for our customers.  I made Coconut mocha.  They have been getting even better reception than the chocolate mint cupcakes of last week.  


Coconut Mocha
Also particularly popular have been my cupcake liner covers.  I cut a shallow "C" shape from scrapbook paper, wrapped it around the cupcake liner, and fastened it with a small piece of double stick tape.  I would have never thought people would love them so much!  I'm convinced the cuteness is affecting the taste!

3 comments:

  1. Next time I see you, can I have some of this coconut mocha??!!! I love coconut!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just realised I had comments! I will totally make this cupcake for you! Parker says it is his favorite yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes please!! They look soo good!! I am always craving your cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete